Christmas UC Payment Information
Christmas Universal Credit Payment Information
HMRC says that after your first Universal Credit payment, you’ll be paid on the same date of every month. If your payment date is on a weekend or a bank holiday however you’ll be paid on the working day before.
Universal Credit due on Christmas Day or Boxing Day should be paid on Christmas Eve (Monday Dec 24)
Universal Credit due on New Year’s Day should be paid on New Year’s Eve (Monday Dec 31)
A similar pattern applies to Child Benefit payments over the Christmas period.
- Payments due on Christmas Day or Boxing Day, should be received on Christmas Eve.
- If you have a payment due on New Year’s Day however, this will also be paid on Christmas Eve (December 24), just over a week early.
If you are still receiving Tax Credits rather than Universal Credits, it’s slightly more complicated.
HMRC has published a list of payment dates over the festive period. Payments due on 25 December 2018 will come through on 24 December 2018
- Due on 26 December 2018 – paid on 24 December 2018
- Due on 27 December 2018 - paid on 24 December 2018
- Due on 28 December 2018 - paid on 27 December 2018 - England, Scotland and Wales only
- Due on 1 January 2019 - paid on 31 December 2018
- Due on 2 January 2019 - paid on 31 December 2018
- Due on 3 January 2019 - paid on 2 January 2019 - England, Wales and Northern Ireland only
For your information …
UK Public holidays …
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- Boxing Day (December 26)
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
NOT UK Public holidays …
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- New Year’s Eve (December 31)