Money Wise - Getting the most out of your Money
Moneywise is a free confidential service offered by MHA to help and support tenants. The project is designed to help our tenants maximise their income and reduce their outgoings, so they have more money in their pockets! Our Moneywise Team have helped put more than £618,410 back into tenants pockets by providing advice on benefits, energy bills and wider debts.
The service can help with:
- Debt advice to help you manage your finances
- Budgeting to help you make the most of your money
- Advice and support around the Welfare Reform changes and appeals should your benefit be reduced or stopped
- Benefit checks to ensure that you are claiming the right benefits
- Applying for affordable credit
- Setting up bank accounts and Credit Union accounts
- Home contents insurance
- Saving money on gas and electricity bills
- Applying for a Discretionary Housing Payment, if you are struggling to pay your rent
- Help reducing your water bills though Welsh Water schemes such as HelpU and WaterSure.
- Discretionary Assistance Fund if you have recently moved and need white goods
We can visit you in your home by appointment or we hold drop in sessions around the county.
* If you open a Credit Union Account through MHA, we will pay the membership fee/opening fee for the account. Once you have paid in three payments of any amount we will pay in £10 to an adult’s account or £5 for a child’s account.
To find out more about Money Wise contact:
If you live in the south (Chepstow, Caldicot) contact Matthew Taylor. Matthew can be contacted on 01495 767182 / 07792 596915 or email Matthew
If you live in the North (Abergavenny, Monmouth, Raglan or Usk) contact Sarah Jones. Sarah can be contacted on 01495 767181 / 07725 824800 or email Sarah
If you live in the North (Abergavenny, Monmouth, Raglan or Usk) contact Claire Freeman. Claire can be contacted on 01495 767181 / 07816 220881 or email Claire
Abigail Lewis is a Specialist Debit Advisor for Monmouthshire. Abigail can be contacted on 01495 767181 or email Abigail
Your Benefits Are Changing - Find out more here.
Out of Hours Debt Advice
Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm
Saturday: 9:30am to 1pm
Stepchange Debt Charity
0800 138 1111
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm