We would like to thank all our tenants for their understanding during this difficult time. MHA is working hard to ensure emergency repairs and gas servicing continues whilst ensuring we are complying with Government guidelines on social distancing.
To support the Government guidelines in applying social distancing we have taken the difficult decision to further scale back the service we provide.
From Wednesday 25th March 2020, we will continue to carry out the following repairs in the timescales that are listed below :
Total or partial loss of power – same day
Unsafe electrics e.g. exposed wires, broken socket/light fittings – same day
No bathroom lighting – same day if no natural light, 5 days if natural light in bathroom
No power or water to electric shower – same day if anyone in household has medical needs for daily bathing and there is no other bathing facility in the property; 5 days if another bathing facility is in the property
Total loss of lighting to communal area – same day
Total loss of water – same day
Partial loss of water – 3 days
Blocked toilet or drains – same day if it is the only toilet in the property; 3 days if another toilet available
Toilet not flushing – same day if it is the only toilet in the property; 3 days if another toilet available
Unable to turn tap on/off – 3 days
Water leak – same day if electrics are affected. 3 days if electrics are not affected and water can be contained.
*Gas leak or suspected gas leak – Emergency – 2 hours attendance by Transco
*Suspected carbon monoxide – Emergency – 2 hours
No heating or hot water (up to 1st May) – Same day
No heating or water (after 1st May) – 3 days
Water leak on boiler – 3 days
Low pressure on boiler – 3 days
Gas Servicing – Continues to be scheduled
Roof leak causing severe water penetration – 5 days
Security issue at property e.g. ground floor window, external door – Same day
Loose stair bannister/handrail – 3 days
Unsafe floorboard or stair tread – 3 days
Install of grab rails (referrals only) – 5 days
Our new repairs procedure
- When you report a repair we will ask you for more details to help us to understand the repair in more detail.
- If we can talk you through the repair on the phone – we will.
- If we need to, we will visit your home and will phone you 15 minutes before arrival to give you instructions on the next steps, including which room to stay in during the repair.
- It’s critical that you stay in the room that the tradesperson asks you to, for the duration of your repair.
- When complete, we will inform you we’re leaving and you can then leave the room and close the door.
- On occasion, we may need to wear disposable overalls, gloves, boot covers and masks when carrying out our work. Please don’t be alarmed by this. Your safety and that of our colleagues are our priority, so we are only carrying out emergency health and safety repairs and gas servicing.