MHA have been working with Tenants from across the County to come up with an exciting opportunity enabling you to show case the environment you live in through an annual garden competition. Due to the Covid 19 restrictions and keeping everyone safe we had to revaluate this project however we have noticed that more and more of our tenants have been out in their gardens, many for the first time, trying their hand at growing their own produce or making your balconies look beautiful. So we really wanted to showcase and celebrate the hard work and pride that you, our tenants and leaseholders have put into your gardens which makes MHA communities more vibrant places to live and hopefully a more tranquil space for you at this difficult time and have created the Great Garden Showcase.
We have devised five categories for the showcase and there will be great prizes for the ones voted the best in show by a panel of tenants and staff.
Take a look at the categories below and we are sure that you will find one that is suitable to enter:
Newly Budded Gardener – Have your green fingers just started to develop in the last few months, Have you turned to gardening to ease some of the everyday stresses that have been present lately or just got the bug to bud in the last few months? If so we would love to see your garden creations. We would especially like entries in this category from tenants who have started to clear their gardens andare just at the very start of their garden journey.
Edible Garden – Have you tried growing your own food for the first time or have you spent this time perfecting your carrots and runner beans? If so we would love you to enter and send us photos of your produce and bonus points are awarded if you can show us what you have been cooking with your produce.
Spectacular small spaces – Don’t have a garden but still a keen gardener? Then this category still allows you to show of your beautiful baskets, blooming balconies, wonderful window boxes and perfect pots to the judges.
Tallest Sunflower – Can your sunflower been spotted from space, is it taller than the sugar loaf mountain or a good height for a welsh dragon to munch on? Why not get the children involved.
Best Individual Garden – This category is for you if your garden is full of colour, creativity and individuality. Showcase your garden and let it inspire other budding gardeners in their own horticultural journey. Remember the best garden doesn’t mean the most expensive garden
Anyone who is an MHA tenant or leaseholder is encouraged to enter and we hope that you will find a category to suit your space and skills.
- The competition is now live to enter and registration shuts 30th July 2021 all photographic submissions must be completed and received by us by this date.
- Please register your entry into the competition as soon as possible – please do not worry you can register your interest and then submit your photos at any time before 30th July.
- The competition will be judged by photos that have been submitted to us by the applicant. MHA staff will if guidelines allow and following social distancing measures will video the finalist to capture the true essence of the garden.
- If you have any issues taking photos then again please let us know and we can overcome this obstacle.
- The judging panel will be made up of 2 tenants, a staff member, a gardening expert and an independent body. Following the judging a celebration showcase video will be made and this will be shown on social media platforms.
How To Enter
Download the competition entry form to register (then email back) or contact Clare Evans on 01494745749 or 07855 019933 (mobile), who can help complete the form with you over the phone or send one out in the post. You can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will contact you at you convenience to discuss any questions about the Garden Showcase.