Looking to swap

Are you already one of our tenants and looking for a new home? As an MHA tenant, you may have the right to transfer your home with another Housing Association tenant in Wales or anywhere else in the UK. This is called a Transfer (previously a Mutual Exchange).

Whether you’re looking to downsize or upsize, this is a free & faster way to move.

Find out more

Looking to buy

Interested in getting on the property ladder? You can register here for Homebuy.

Find out more


Looking to rent

If you would like to become one of our tenants you need to register on the waiting list. You can see all of the homes we have available as well as all other affordable housing in Monmouthshire. For more information visit Monmouthshire Homesearch.


Who is responsible for what services?

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing about who you need to speak to about different aspects of housing – hopefully our lists below can help:

Monmouthshire County Council – Housing Options

  • Homeless applications
  • Housing Support
  • Homeless prevention
  • Housing advice
  • Temporary / Emergency accommodation


  • The Housing Waiting List
  • Assessment of new housing applications
  • Assessment of your Medical & Welfare relating to your housing application and appeals
  • Suspensions from the Housing Register
  • General housing advice

MHA (us) and other RSLs

  • Advertising properties available to rent / buy on Homesearch
  • Shortlisting properties available to rent and buy on Homesearch
  • Management of affordable properties such as collection of rent and estate management