MHA are delighted to be part of the successful Family Volunteering Club pilot programme, coming to Abergavenny in 2024!
Family Volunteering Club has already been successfully rolled out in England. It provides a platform for children aged 0 – 9 and their grown ups to help out at important causes on their doorstep.
The pilot has been funded in a partnership between Monmouthshire County Council and Monmouthshire Housing Association and is supported by GAVO.
FVC is passionate about creating a society in which every child grows up feeling connected to their local community, and understands the positive role they can play in helping change issues that matter to them.
There is already a rich tradition of volunteering activity in Abergavenny and this creative and accessible approach will enable families to volunteer together, have fun and make even more of a difference in their community.
FVC are now recruiting for a Local Coordinator to run the pilot programme, details can be found here.
Rachel Knight, Engagement and Partnership Manager at Monmouthshire Housing Association says:
“MHA are passionate about supporting our tenants and communities to get involved in local volunteering opportunities.
This project will not only give the volunteers a chance to make a difference where they live, but also build family bonds by working together to reach common goals.
We are thrilled to be part of such a great initiative that also provides a local job opportunity and will make every effort to build and grow the concept to provide a long term sustainable model”.
Additional details about the programme
- This is a pilot programme of Family Volunteering Club (FVC) as it expands to new towns across the UK, and will be the first programme in Wales.
- FVC will create and deliver a series of 8 fun and impactful child-friendly volunteering sessions, hosted by local charities.
- The programme will be free and suitable for ages 0 – 9, plus their grown ups, bringing local families together to get hands on in their community.
- It will take place between May – July 2024 and will be created in consultation with the local community.
- The full programme of sessions will be announced in April 2024.
- It is intended this will lead to establishing a Family Volunteering Club in the area on a longer term basis.