How to pay your rent
The easiest and most convenient way of paying your rent. This is also our preferred method and we encourage as many tenants as possible to set up a direct debit.
A direct debit can be set up for any day of the month and for any frequency including weekly, fortnightly, monthly, four weekly and quarterly.
Once set up, your rent will automatically be taken from your bank account so you don’t need to worry about making a payment. To set up a direct debit call us on 0345 677 2277.
You can set up a standing order with your bank or building society to pay a set amount on the same date (of your choice) each month.
To set up a standing order use Account Number: 40601837 and Sort Code: 20-01-43. Be sure to give your tenancy reference or property address when making payments otherwise we will not be able to credit the payment to your account.
Online payments can be made through the MHA website by clicking here. You will need your rent reference number which can be found on your payment card. After clicking the Pay Now button you will be asked for your name, address and contact details before being transferred to our secure payment processing service where your credit/debit card details will be collected.
If you are using your bank or building societies internet banking you can set MHA up as a payee using Account Number: 40601837 and Sort Code: 20-01-43. Be sure to give your tenancy reference or property address when making payments otherwise we will not be able to credit the payment to your account.
To pay your rent with AllPay you will need to have registered your AllPay reference number at www.allpayments.net This number can be found on your AllPay card and you will need an email address to register.
Once registered you can pay via;
- AllPay Payment App – The app can be downloaded for free from the App Store (Apple IOS) or Google Play (Android). Log in using the details used when registering and follow the on-screen instructions to make a payment.
- AllPay website – Pay online at www.allpayments.net.
- By text – Register your mobile number at www.allpayments.net/textpay. You will be allocated a unique code and password, you will need to include this in the message along with the amount being paid.
Text pay instructions:
- Pay – Text message must always start with the word “Pay” which can be in upper or lower case.
- Text Code – After the word “Pay”, the text message must include the unique code you have been given e.g. rent.
- Amount – The text message must include the amount of money that you wish to pay e.g. 5.00 or 5 to signify “five pounds”. Do not use the pound (£) symbol as this will result in an incomplete payment. 1.50 would signify one pound and fifty pence, while 1.5 would be rejected as an incomplete amount.
- Text Password – The text message must include your text password which is automatically allocated and comprises the last 4 digits of the card itself e.g. 1234.
- Send the complete message to 81025 to make the payment. You will receive a text message in reply (can take up to 3 minutes) to tell you whether the payment was made successfully.
Example Text Message: Pay rent 5.00 1234
You can check your text code and password at any time by logging on to www.allpayments.net/textpay and viewing the card you have registered.
Please keep receipts as proof of payment.
Lost your payment card? Click here to request a new one (Link to Request a payment card form)
You can make rent payments over the phone using a debit or credit card.
Call 0303 123 1127 and select option 1 for the 24 hour automated payment line. Alternatively press option 2 if you wish to speak to an advisor between 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday.
When using option 1, the automated service, you will need to have already registered your AllPay reference number.
Cash or Cheque
Cash can be paid into any branch of Barclays Bank using Account Number: 40601837 and Sort Code: 20-01-43. Please keep your receipt as proof of payment.
All cheques should be made payable to Monmouthshire Housing Association Ltd and posted to Monmouthshire Housing Association, Nant-Y-Pia House, Mamhilad Technology Park, Mamhilad, Monmouthshire, NP4 0JJ.
I’m struggling to pay my rent?
If you are having difficulties paying your rent please don’t ignore it and speak to your Income Officer as soon as possible as they may be able to provide you with some help, advice or support.