Whilst the environment around us is uncertain, please be reassured MHA have over 250 caring, dedicated, professional staff working together to do their very best to continue to provide you with essential core services.
Every day we will highlight a few key items of information that we feel may be helpful for you and your family at this difficult time.
Thursday 26th March
MHA Social Distancing when completing Emergency Repairs
We are only carrying out emergency health & safety repairs and gas servicing. For a comprehensive list of repairs we are currently undertaking, please read here.
Our latest repairs procedure
- An MHA operative will talk to you to gain an accurate picture of your repair.
- Depending on the complexity of your repair and the ability of our tenant, our operative will talk you through fixing the repair yourself.
- If necessary, the operative will attend your home Fifteen minutes before the operative arrives they will ring and instruct you to open the door and will advise you which room to remain in prior to their arrival and the duration of the repair being carried out.
- Upon completion the MHA operative will inform you they are leaving and you can the leave the room and close the door.
- If deemed necessary, our operative will wear disposable overalls, gloves, boot covers and masks when carrying out the work.
It is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL you remain in this room until the operative completes the repair and leaves your property – YOU MUST NOT wander out of this room whilst the operative is in your home.
Working together in this difficult time will ensure that all emergency repairs can be attended and everyone stays safe and well. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
Energy Suppliers Offering Help for the Vulnerable
Suppliers have agreed an emergency package of measures to ensure vulnerable people do not get cut off amid a virus outbreak.
If you are unable to top up your prepayment meter this may include credit being sent in the post to you or an automatic addition to your meter.
If you are struggling to pay due to a change in circumstance, because of the coronavirus, you will receive support and no credit meter disconnections will take place.
Each supplier is prepared and wish to reassure their customers that they have plans in place to keep our country full of energy.
Contact your supplier for more information.
Key Worker Information
If you are a key worker Monmouthshire have provisions in place to ensure your children have somewhere safe to go whilst you are at work, for more information click here…
You are allowed, under the new guidance from the government, to move children under the age of 18 between their parents’ home, where applicable.
Financial Advice and help from MHA
If you know of any MHA tenants and neighbours who may be vulnerable and don’t have access to internet or, if you are self-isolating and are worrying about how you’re going to cope, please give us a call.
We can also give advice to help with your finances, you’re not alone, please get in touch if you’re struggling to:
- Pay your rent
- Buy Food
- Claim Benefits
- Or are Self Employed and your hours have reduced drastically or have to stop work
You can find a great summary from Cymorth on Coronavirus and claiming benefits here
Don’t wait, call us on 0345 677 2277 we’re here to help.
Key Lockdown Details
Please remember the importance of social distancing and try to maintain a two metre distance from people where possible. After the announcement from the P.M remember only leave home for:
- Shopping for basic necessities only (food, medicines)
- One form of exercise a day, alone or in groups of 2, no more
- Any medical need or to care for a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, only if absolutely necessary
Remember we are here to help, if you need anything please do not hesitate to contact us. Take care and stay safe.
The MHA Team.