What we offer
Our dedicated team offer MHA tenants a full advice service on all things money-related. Whether you need advice to find the right deal, help applying for benefits, you have debt, or want some help to make your money go further, the right guidance and advice matters.
The service is here to offer free, confidential, impartial advice to help you get the most out of your income and reduce your outgoings.
- Help you manage your money better by looking for ways to increase your income & reduce your outgoings
- Undertake Benefit checks and ensure that you are claiming all of the benefits you are entitled to. We can also support you with appeals.
- Help you to explore your debt problem, explain the debt options available and how they may affect you.
- Assist with grant applications
- Help you apply for extra funding to help if you are struggling to pay your rent (known as a Discretionary Housing Payment).
- Financial Education- building confidence around finances and numeracy skills
- Establish tailored cost reducing activities, such as cooking on a budget or using cost saving community projects
- Help with long term financial planning and savings
Money Helper Website
The Government has created a useful Money Helper website to give FREE guidance on everything money related, including budgeting, debt advice and pension choices. You can access the website by clicking here.